Regional Chamber Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to support our local youth and our local educational institutes while, at the same time, addressing the employment needs of our Chamber members.
In the spirit of our work as a Chamber, we have designed the criteria and eligibility of the scholarship to address the needs of our members. The scholarship is available to students who are planning on enrolling in the fall in any first-year St. Peter’s College (SPC) or Carlton Trail College program.
To be eligible for the scholarship, a student must:
- Be currently employed with, or have been employed in the past, with a Chamber member
- Demonstrate commitment and involvement with business, industry and/or community within the Humboldt region
- Provide a letter of reference from their HDCC employer
Additional consideration will be given to those who demonstrate interest in pursuing their careers in the Humboldt district.
Proof of enrollment will need to be provided in order to receive the scholarship.
What are we looking for from YOU?
The HDCC will commit $1,000 per year to this scholarship fund.
As a member of the Chamber, you can partner with us and provide additional funds for this award. Given your interest in ensuring long-term sustainability in education and the growth of our region’s economy, we are asking you to join us by contributing $250 per year to this award.
What are the benefits of YOUR participation?
As our partner, you will be recognized as such, in the media, advertising, on our website etc.
At the same time, partnering with us in this initiative allows you to show your student staff members that you support them in their endeavors to pursue post-secondary studies and has the potential to increase the participation and retention of rural students in our region.
Below, you will find a Scholarship Application Form which we would encourage you to pass on to your student employees.
Your participation in the scholarship initiative helps us to make a significant and real difference to the youth of our region.
- 2017 RECIPIENT: TYSON FRAESS (employer: Humboldt Co-op Association)
- 2016 RECIPIENT: TYLER BEHIEL
- 2015 Partners: Prairie’s Edge Development Corp., Dr. J. Bourgeois
- 2015 RECIPIENT: ASHLEY DEMERS (employer: Prairie's Edge Development Corp.)
- 2013 Partners: Prairie’s Edge Development Corp.,Canadian Tire, Dr. Jacqueline Bourgeois, The Humboldt Mall, Hergott Farm Equipment and Johnny’s Bistro
- 2013 RECIPIENT: MELISSA SLIVA (employer: Bella Vista Inn – Rookies Restaurant)
- 2012 Partners: Canadian Tire, Dr. J. Bourgeois, The Humboldt Mall, Hergott Farm Equipment, Johnny’s Bistro.
- 2012 RECIPIENT: LANDON LEFEBVRE (employers: Nutters, Bella Vista Inn)
- 2011 Partners: Diamonds of Detroit, Schuler-Lefebvre Funeral Home, Prairie’s Edge Development Corp, Canadian Tire, The Humboldt Mall, West Humboldt Properties and Dr. J. Bourgeois
- 2011 RECIPIENT: SARAH DOEPKER (employer: Humboldt IGA)
Please contact Stacey Poss, Executive Director of the HDCC at 682-4990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to participate in helping us make a significant and real difference to the youth of our region.
Festival of Lights
Northern Lights Casino
In 2009, the Humboldt & District Chamber of Commerce started the Festival of Lights in the Humboldt Campground. This event allows businesses and organizations to send Christmas greetings to the community and offers something for the residents of our region to enjoy over and over again during the season. This event typically runs from the end of November until the beginning of January.
The Festival of Lights is entirely sponsored by businesses and organizations. Sites are decorated by individual businesses and organizations using their own time, decorations, and imaginations. There is no admission but rather a 'Silver Collection' box, in which all proceeds go to charity. Charities of choice in the past have included the Humboldt District Hospital Foundation, the JCI Spray Park Project, the Kinette's Christmas Cheer fund, and the Humboldt Soup Kitchen.
Please contact the HDCC at (306)682-4990 or email email@example.com to find out how you can become a sponsor for just $50!
Thank you to our 2016/17 Sponsors:
Carlton Trail College
Century 21 Diamond Realty
Christine Roberts Cleaning
City of Humboldt
Curves for Women
Diamonds of Detroit
Humboldt & District Kinettes
Humboldt Home Hardware
Humboldt Regional Newcomer Centre
RBC Royal Bank
SADD (Humboldt Collegiate Institute)
St Augustine Parish
St. John's Lutheran Church
St. Peter's College
Humboldt & District Chamber of Commerce opened its new, 18-hole, par 35, mini-putt course in June 2003.
Each hole/structure is sponsored by a local business or organization for the season.
The mini golf course is host to thousands of rounds every season between May and September.
Call (306)682-4990 to find out how you can become a sponsor!
Thank you to our 2017 sponsors:
Canadian Tire (Sponsoring the German Heritage Society)
Century 21 Diamond Realty
Colony Chevrolet GMC Buick
Conexus Credit Union (Sponsoring the Humboldt Museum & Gallery
Discovery Ford Sales
Fabmar Communications (CJVR/CK750)
Hergott Farm Equipment
Humboldt Co-op Assoc.
Humboldt Dairy Queen
Humboldt Home Hardware Building Centre
Prairie Skies Resort & Marina Ltd.
RONA / Humboldt Lumber Mart
South 20 Dodge Chrysler